7.17.2008

Sick Day

I have a love/hate relationship with sick days.

This being why:
  1. I love them because I get to lay around and watch TV/movies all day.
  2. I hate them because being sick sucks.
  3. I love them because I get to snuggle up with my dogs and be treated like a princess at my parent's house.
  4. I hate them because when a couple of hours after you leave work, you start feeling better, but then can't go back to work because you will look like you lied about being sick.

So, when this happens (like it did yesterday) I felt like a complete asshole for not being at work, and technically not being sick. I felt even worse this morning when I got to work and had 3 voicemails. Odd since I rarely get any calls. The most important one being from my boss and he sounded pissed (but then again, he always sounds pissed - so IDK).

Good news though - my roommate (I am deeming her Jan for blogs sake) and I are going to see The Dark Knight tonight at midnight!! (A lot of nite usage there) I've got mad respect for Heath Ledger, but I have to say his character in the movie, the Joker, scares the crap out of me. I will not be surprised if I can't sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Beth said...

The joker character scares the crap out of me too.

I'm going to see the movie tonight with The Boy.

I'm frightened.