7.17.2008

Ex's

Such a complicated topic. Obvi everyone has different feelings about their ex's...so here is the tale of mine. I refer to this person as my ex because he is the only person I have dated of significance. I mean long-term, high school sweetheart significance. I will call him Gary here.

Gary and I broke up a little over a year ago after a 5 year relationship. We didn't speak for like 8 months after. Long story short, he was living far far away and moved back and we were forced to speak when at a mutual friend's party.

Here is where I sound a bit slutty - since the party we have been getting together every once and a while to hook up. No strings attached. (I cringe just admitting that aloud) For one reason or another I kind of always thought things would change and we would maybe? get back together. However, I never really put that much consideration into it.

It is hard to explain, but more or less, I was fine with him being with other people as long as I didn't know. I thought we would just get our single-ness out of the way and that would be that. Well now I am beginning to doubt myself.

Recently Gary has been rumored to be hooking up with this girl. She is not some ordinary girl though. Here is her story: she used to date one of my classmates (Carl). They were high school sweethearts and still kind of at an on-and-off state.

Our high school was so small - I graduated in a class of 18 - that everyone was friends. Resulting in Gary and Carl also bring friends. Long story short, I am pretty sure Carl is pissed that Gary is hanging out with his girl (as am I). This creates a bonding yearn for me. I want to call up Carl and talk shit with him about Gary and girl. However, I know this is wrong and immature so I am holding off - for now. (Considering we don't know they are together for sure)


GAH I hate being pissed and not being able to do anything about it.

Here is my discussion topic: How do you feel about your ex in these types of situations? In general? Also, I am open to suggestions if anyone feels I should take action on this particular subject.

2 comments:

Heather said...

This is a tough situation! I don't blame you at all for feeling weird about it. Heather/Grace303

Anonymous said...

If I'm not over someone, knowing that they're hooking up with someone else (even though we're no longer together) tends to make me a bit upset. Or maybe sad? I know that they're free to do as they please but it's still hard to observe. Have you tried talking to the ex about where this is going or that you would like to get back together?