4.22.2009

In Response to Bitter Sweet Sunday Post

I have actively started doing small things to help out in the community and possibly influence other people after my revelation Sunday. I have sent an email blast to friends and family to recruit a team of at least 10 people to run with me in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. It is here in Raleigh at Meredith College, and if any of you readers out there know people in the area who would be interested, pass my information along! I would love to get as many people as possible to join the team!

I plan on going to donate blood again sometime this week or next. The Red Cross has been calling a lot lately, which means they are pretty hard up for some good blood - I'll just have to give it to them! After my experience last time, I will definitely be taking someone with me!

Finally, I've been looking into helping out at the SPCA. I am an animal lover, particularly dogs. I think helping at the SPCA would be a great volunteer activity for me. I am a little worried, however, that I will become attached to some of the animals, so this one isn't definite just yet. I need to go visit the facilities and really see what it is all about before I make any promises.

What are your community involvement activities? Any suggestions?

No comments: