11.04.2008

Love is in the air!

Warning: This post may trigger your gag reflexes if you aren't into the mushy stuff.

I think I'm in love. Oh goodness. That is quite a statement isn't it? I'm so nervous that by saying it that I'm going to jinx something.

I had yet another great weekend with Dru. To start, his company party was great. The house it was gigantic and beautiful. All of his co-workers were incredibly nice and dressed up in the funniest costumes. My favorite was a guy dressed up as a shower. He had some PVC pipe connected with a curtain hanging around him. Clever. :)

Dru and I were John McCain and Sarah Palin and we pulled it off with ease, if I do say so myself. We got SO many compliments both nights (Thursday for the company party and Friday for the real Halloween).

Also, WE WENT SKYDIVING! It was so much fun! The day was incredibly long though, because we didn't have a reservation, so we had to wait until they could fit us in. Which happened to be a slow 7 hours(!) after we arrived. It was definitely worth the wait though. When you jump, you get the option to just regular free-fall or do a couple of flips before you free-fall in the normal position. I wasn't about to have waited 7 hours for a 'normal' experience, I went for the flips! And I'm glad I did...it was fun and made for a really cool video.

Another great thing about this trip was I got to meet his parents and youngest sister. I was very nervous to meet the parents especially, because I have heard so many great things about them. For example, his dad is a cardiovascular surgeon who just got back from doing volunteer work in the underprivileged towns of Brazil. I was nervous that although they are giving people, that since they are so wealthy they might be a little stuck-up. Boy, was I wrong. His mom is the sweetest person, ever. We had great conversation and I hope she liked me too! His sister was cute and sweet as well. I'm assuming his dad was just tired, since he did get back from Brazil that morning, but he didn't talk as much. Still, I felt genuinely welcome in their home.

Dru usually confesses his love for me when he is drunk. And did again this time. To which I responded in the same 'tell me in the morning' fashion I always do. Well, I think he tried to tell me when he was sober a couple of times but didn't just come right out and say it. So, as much as I wanted to say it back, I didn't because it would have been weird considering the particular wording of the conversations. I think next time I'm just going to say it back when he says it drunk and hopefully that will lead into it being more of a regular thing.

You might be thinking that just saying it doesn't matter - what really matters is how you feel. And believe me, I really think I love him. I haven't felt this way about a person in a LONG time. Although I am scared of getting hurt, I'm not going to let it get in my way. I'm going to let him in and see what happens.

I hope all of you had a wonderful and safe Halloween weekend...what was your costume?

1 comment:

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

awe! such a sweet post.

& skydiving! so exciting =) i went bungee jumping a couple years ago and it was AMAZING. skydiving is definitely on my list of things to do.