10.30.2008

Happy Halloween!

Well there aren't that many days at work that I am so busy I hardly have time to read blogs or post my own. Tuesday was one of those days. Although I love reading and writing blogs, I would rather be busy at work and save the blog world for home (and quick breaks at the office). I feel bad wasting the company's money blogging all day, but if they don't give me work what am I supposed to do? Oh well. Most of the other internships I have heard about are similar to mine, so I'm not too concerned.

Anyways, I'm going back to Alabama to see Dru today! I'm leaving work at noon to catch a flight and go with him to his company's party tonight. I'm so nervous! I will be the youngest person there by a good 5-10 years, but hopefully that will work in my favor. Dru and I are going as John McCain and Sarah Palin. He picked our costumes because he is a southern boy who is, naturally, in love with John McCain. It also helps that I have some glasses similar to Sarah Palin's, and can pull her look off with relative ease. Hopefully I will get to take some good pictures and have good stories to report back.

Speaking of pictures, I have been debating on whether or not I should put some up. I read blogs of people who won't put up any pictures, some who will but block out faces and others who show everything. I realize putting up pictures will make me a bit more vulnerable to the bad internet creeps. However, I want the people who I feel know me through my blog to be able to put a face to the name and writing. What do you think? Has anyone you know ever had a bad experience with putting their picture on their blog?

Happy Halloween everyone! Be safe and eat a lot of candy!

3 comments:

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

awe! have fun with dru - i'm sure the party will be a blast.

as for the pictures.. i have mine up all over my blog. i don't use my real name on my blog, ever, so i figure if someone i know manages to stumble across my blog by chance, then whatever. they see pictures and find out the blog belongs to me. the thing is, i like the idea of putting pictures on my blog. i like that my blog friends can see me and see what i've been up to. and so for me, putting the pictures on my blog and getting to share my life with you guys, is worth the risk of someone, one day, finding my bloggityblog.

Dana said...

happy halloween

Anonymous said...

In regard to the pictures...I was WAAAAAAAAY too free with pictures when I still had my livejournal a million years ago.

I am okayfine with not posting shit now. It's nice to receive a million comments based on how you look and blahblahblah, but I personally feel more secure with not putting that shit out there.