11.13.2008

Dirty Socks and Decorations

As I was sitting in class the other day, I noticed something that really bothers me. Bare feet on chairs. The business management building where all of my classes are is fairly new and is very nice. The chairs are comfortable, we have state of the art technology...all that fun stuff. But people still think it is OK to TAKE THEIR SHOES OFF and put their feet all over the backs and tops of the chairs in front of them! This is disgusting. There is one girl in particular who does it EVERYDAY. And she sits on the edge of a row so she is in clear view of the teacher, who has failed to say anything to her all semester.

Tuesday I noticed the little boy, who always brags about how much he drank the previous weekend, with his shoes off and his dirty, stinky SOCKS on the back of the chair in front of him. Ew. Gross. Disgusting. Sick. So, naturally, I took a picture:


It is kind of hard to tell, but those are my notes in the foreground, his chair in front of me and his white sock all over the chair in front of him. Not only is this completely unsanitary, but also just disrespectful. We have these great facilities, and here these people are ruining them! How inconsiderate...

In other news, I have pretty much gotten my apartment all decorated! Only 6 months after we move in...oh well. It looks great. We have some old movie posters in the dining room area, a great vase filled with cranberry colored fillers and white flowers. I bought a huge mirror for $70 at Home Goods (thanks Hannah Gray)! This mirror is my favorite new piece. I have been looking for a big stand-up mirror for MONTHS. The only ones I could find were $300-400. After perusing the collection at Home Goods, I came across this mirror. I immediately fell in love...it was exactly what I was looking for. I didn't even look around the rest of the store because I was nervous if I left it, it would be gone by the time I got back. It looks great in my room (I promise I will put up pictures soon).

I also put up tons of new pictures and other nick-knacks. The only thing left I have to do is have my shower curtain and new towels monogrammed. Hopefully then, my apartment will be ready for Dru to visit! I've been meaning to decorate for so long, I'm glad his visit finally motivated me to do so.

Does anyone else have horrible feet stories or decorating adventures?

3 comments:

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

ew. that's gross. i hate feet.

and i'm so excited for you're newly decorated place and dru's visit.

can't wait to hear about it. and hopefully see the pictures :)

Anonymous said...

ack! that is sooooo wrong. keep your shoes on dude, just keep them on!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE DECORATING!! i am so excited to see the pictures! i bet it looks amazing. isn't homegoods super?? i'm so happy you found some good stuff!! yay!