6.10.2009

Moms.

I love my mom. OK, with that said, she is on my nerves lately. Big time. As you may or may not know, I have lived away from home for 4 years. Now that I have graduated college and don't have a solid job, I will be moving back into my parents house in August. The lease on my current apartment was a 14 month lease. Both of my parents knew this when they signed the lease and agreed to pay my rent. No one ever brought up the fact that I would be graduating 2 months before the lease ran out.



In the past few weeks my mom has been making snide remarks such as, "Well you can come up to our house and help out since we are paying your rent for the next two months." Every time I talk to her she slips something in, "Well we are paying your rent for you." Yesterday was the breaking point. I jokingly pointed out a ring that I wanted, knowing clear as day that I wouldn't be getting it, and she took off with it. Mom chose to say that she wouldn't even consider buying anything for me since she just 'took me on a very nice vacation' and 'is paying my rent'.



OH NO SHE DIDN'T.

The 'nice vacation' she was referring to? was a weekend trip 4 hours away from home. This 'vacation' was completely paid for by her company - it was work for her. I missed a wedding just to go on this 'vacation' because I didn't want to leave my dad high and dry while she worked.

And yes, Mom, you are paying my rent because YOU TOLD ME YOU WOULD when we signed the lease.


Then she goes on to criticize me for lack of job-searching. I told her I have applied to about 10 different places in the past couple of weeks. She said, "Well maybe you should communicate better." No, MOM, I don't really want to communicate all of my failed attempts to find a job. It is rather embarrassing. I graduated with a 3.67, Magna Cum Laude and can't find a decent job. No, thanks, I don't want to communicate that.

GIANT SIGH.

Anyways, lets end on a happy note. Here is the ring I am in love with:

It is a John Hardy blue topaz ring that just happens to be on sale at Gilt for $325 when originally priced $650.

No comments: