5.22.2009

Trained

I know myself. I know that when I go shopping on the internet, or anywhere for that matter, that when I spot something that is expensive or by a particular designer, I will like it much more than if it were a cheap, unknown brand. Shallow? Maybe. But that is just the way I am. I pretty much believe that the more money something costs, the better it must be.

Since I am getting kicked out on my butt by my parents, financially speaking, I can't live this way anymore. So I have adopted a method of looking at the picture of the piece of clothing/jewelery/handbag, etc. online BEFORE I look at the price. I thought this was a sure-fire way to discover what styles I liked without being influenced by price/designer.

Well, kids, as it turns out, apparently I have trained my eyes to only pick out the expensive stuff. As I scrolled through Nordstrom’s half-yearly sale, I looked at no prices, just pictures. The only things that stood out to me in the accessories section were all $1000+. I’m scared to even move on to the clothes. Does this happen to anyone else?!

1 comment:

rachaelgking said...

I am the same exact way. When I walk into a store, I zero in a piece that I love and fall for it- BEFORE I look at the tag, of course.

And inevitably, it is the most expensive thing in the entire store. WTF??