5.14.2009

How am I Still Alive?

Graduation went well, and I was successfully drunk for about a week straight. The festivities began on Cinco de Mayo when Roommie and I threw a small dinner party for some friends. I made Chicken Enchiladas, Guacamole, and this dank grilled corn salsa (I will post all of these recipes for Foodie Friday tomorrow). We basically had a great time, great food, and of course, some wonderful margaritas. Long story short, we started hanging out with a friend (we will call him “Tuck” for the purposes of this blog) that we hadn’t seen in a while. He also brought over one of his friends. I need to think of a nickname for this kid, but nothing comes to mind except he has a funny laugh – and does it all the time. But that is kind of hard to put into a nickname, so for now he will just be “Tuck’s Friend”…let me know if you come up with something better.

Tuck’s Friend had just broken up with his girlfriend of 4 years about a couple of days into our party bonanza. It may or may not have had anything to do with the fact that he was hanging out at our apartment for days on end. But nothing scandalous happened! I promise!! He is so not my type. So of course, this event just propelled more and more partying then graduation came and that didn’t stop anyone.

Finally Wednesday of this week rolled around and we figured we should probably clean up our act. There was no going out last night, but I can’t say the same for tonight. The local trendy outdoor mall here hosts a beach music night every Thursday. It is fun to go see all the pretty dresses (90% of which are Lilly Pullitzer), dance and drink.

I’m super psyched about hanging out with Tuck and Tuck’s Friend so much. They are funny and nice southern boys who like to have a good time. And they respect Roomie and I so it won’t get all weird like some girl/boy friendships do. Yay for new friends! Ha.

Anyways, got to get back to work. But I did talk to Navy boy a couple of times this weekend, and he should be done with the hard part of OCS this week and be able to have his phone and go out on the weekends from now on. Woo! Less than a month till he is done! I hope he gets to come back to NC so I can actually spend some face-time with him!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Happy belated Cinco de Mayo to you! Glad you had fun!