2.24.2009

Taking Advice From A Movie

I have so much to do this week! I spent all weekend doing work. And I literally mean ALL weekend. I even did work into the night. I have two tests on Thursday and I'm not prepared for them even though those are the classes I focused on this weekend. I'm on track to graduate Magna Cum Laude in May so I really want to keep my grades up and finish college with some kick-ass grades. Thankfully, next week is spring break and I will get somewhat of a break from school. However, I have two mid-terms and a test the week I get back, so I have a feeling I will be using the break to study for them. Wow...I complain a lot. I really do love school for the fact that it prevents me from having to get a full-time job though.

In other non-school news...there is this boy. We will call him The Neighbor, because, well, he lives in the same building. Now before I get into it, I know I said I was going to try to stay boy-free and set my mind right (i.e. learn to live without depending on a boy for happiness) but well...I can't seem to break that habit. I do feel like I have broken the dependency habit for the most part, but there is just something about the adoration of a guy to make me feel special. Whatever. I'll tell you about him now.

I've know The Neighbor (through a friend) for a while, but he just moved into our apartment complex in December. Roomie and I immediately started hanging out with him, his roommate and some of their friends. Since December 1, we haven't spent that many weekends without them. I always considered The Neighbor to be a really good friend. I used to talk to him about Dru and felt really comfortable around him. In my drunken state on New Years I went around and kissed one of my friends who had no one to kiss and then I kissed The Neighbor because he, too, was without a date. These were harmless kisses...the type of kiss I would give my mom or dad. I guess The Neighbor took it to mean more and found me later to continue the action.

Since then, we've had a few drunken hook-ups but have still remained pretty good friends. We hang out pretty regularly and talk often. Sunday night was our first sober sleepover. I don't know what to think about it. Things went so well that night but the next morning when he left we didn't hug or kiss goodbye, like I had expected based on the previous night's events.

On Valentines Day Roomie and I went to see "He's Just Not That Into You," so of course, now I'm second guessing everything. I base all of The Neighbors actions on the movie and try to figure out if he is really interested based on the guidelines Justin Long gives Ginnifer Goodwin. Silly right? Ohhh my lifee.....

It has seemed, recently, that The Neighbor is interested in more than just a hook-up but there is no way for me to tell for sure. The friend I know The Neighbor through is one of my closest friends from high school and also happens to be The Neighbor's best friend. I think my plan is to talk to my friend about it and try to get a better insight. I really don't want to just be a booty call...but I wouldn't know how to put a stop to it without hurting The Neighbor's feelings or ruining the friendship. Well that is just a problem for another day.


Any thoughts or comments are always welcome! Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

angelsroy33 said...

Why don't you just ask the Neighbor Boy? I mean I'm sure if you tell him you don't want to ruin your friendship w/ him etc. he would understand and not get all weird-n-stuff.But maybe talking to the mutual friend might be better first,figure out what the situation is, and proceed from there.(Which is what you were doing anyway,so I'll just shut-up!)