3.31.2009

Skinny Bitch! That's Me!

I have been pretty focused on exercising lately and even more so on decreasing my caloric intake. I have the livestrong app. on my iPhone which tells me how many calories I need to be taking in in order to achieve a goal. They do this by taking my weight, age and height and comparing it to my activity level. The app. tells me I should be in taking about 1600 calories in order to loose a pound a week. I'm not overweight by any stretch of the imagination but I want to loose the 5-8 lbs. I put on when I came to college.

This past weekend I hopped on the scale to find I have lost 5 lbs!!!! Yay!!! Go me!!! Here is what I do:
Breakfast-multi grain cheerios with skim milk and sliced strawberries
Lunch-usually a turkey sandwich on multi-grain bread
Dinner-Ellie Krieger’s egg salad wrap or other low cal recipe
Snacks: none (unless really needed, in that case I do the walnuts and cherries)
Caveat: I usually consume less than the advised calories and then do exercise to burn more...just to be sure

Exercise:Monday and Wednesdays I have a Pilates class for 50 mins. Also, 3-5 times a week I do Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred video. It is a quick but intense workout that incorporates strength, cardio and abs. I'm on level 2 now, but once I finish level 3 I'm going to buy her No More Trouble Zones because it is an hour long workout that focuses on a lot of places all of us ladies worry about.

Generally on the weekends I let go and drink and eat a lot. But I’m ok with that...if I didn't reward myself I would go crazy trying to eat/exercise perfectly all of the time. And I'm fairly certain my method is working for me - the proof is on the scale! I'm happy about the discipline I have incorporated into my life and the results I have seen, but I still have a ways to go. I have more goals to reach before being completely satisfied with my body.

Oh PS - no word from Navy Boy yet...expecting a letter this week though. If anyone has any thoughts on what to write to him about, please help me out!

2 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Congratulations on the 5 pounds! I'd give anything to lose 5!

Keep it up, girl!

Kels said...

wikipedia is a great place to find random facts. try looking up classic april fools jokes in honor of today!