3.19.2009

New Hope for the Future

I just spoke with one of my bosses about my future here at this company when I graduate in May. I was totally nervous to do it, but I bit the bullet and brought it up. I was so nervous because just about a month and a half ago a guy that worked here (and had been here longer than me) was let go. We are a really small company, so when he was fired that took us down to 4 total. He told me that our bosses said due to the economy, they couldn't afford to keep him on, and if things kept going the way they were going they would probably just have it be the two of them (meaning they would let me and one other guy go too). As you probably know, I've been nervous about graduating because of the terrible job market and the fact that my parents are cutting me off, basically.

There are no solid promises, but the conversation I had with my boss led me to believe there is some sort of growth for me here (when I had previously had the notion there wasn't). He mentioned even being able to foot the bill for continuing education if he thought it would benefit the company. Basically, I need to tell him what field I want to be in (investment banking, marketing/graphic design, etc.) and see how well that aligns with what the company needs. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, because I still have to come up with some kind of guidelines for what I want (position, money, benefits) but I was SOOO happy to hear that they were willing and open to letting me grow here.

Soooo excited about that.

Anyways, I thought I'd let y'all in on a little thing I've been working on for the past few weeks: Twitter! I joined a little less than a year ago when I started writing this blog. Since then, I didn't know much about it or think it was worthwhile. However, recently a lot of my friends have joined and I discovered you can follow celebrities! Woo hoo! So I'm in full force and trying to tweet more often...feel free to follow me 'selizabeth' or leave a comment with your name so I can follow you!

Have a great day y'all!

No comments: