3.20.2009

Foodie Friday

I've been incredibly MIA on these posts, so I'll give you two today:

1) My favorite snack (and healthy, too!):

Ingredients:
Toasted walnuts
Dried cherries

Method:
I usually like to eat two walnut halves with one dried cherry, so depending on how much you want to make, just do a 2:1 ratio (walnuts to cherries). Toast the walnuts in a pan on low-medium low until you can just smell them. Mix up in a bag with the cherries and ENJOY!

This particular combination is my favorite, but you can substitute any nut/dried fruit...be creative!

2) My new favorite easy dinner or lunch: Egg Salad Wrap (1 serving)

Ingredients:
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped with one yolk removed
1 1/2 teaspoons mayo
1/2 teaspoon mustard (any kind)
1 teaspoon chives, chopped
1/4 red bell pepper, sliced thin
1-2 thin slices red onion
1 large leaf romaine, torn into large pieces
1 9-inch whole wheat wrap
S&P

Method:
I generally find the best way to boil eggs is cover them with water, cover, bring to a boil, turn the heat off, but leave on the burner and wait 15 mins. While you are waiting, combine the mayo, mustard, chives and S&P in a small bowl - refrigerate. Chop the onion, bell pepper and lettuce. Microwave wrap for 30 seconds and then stack the veggies on the wrap. Once the eggs are done, peel, discard one yolk, chop the rest and combine with mayo mixture. Put on top of veggies, wrap it up and ENJOY!

I got this egg salad idea from Ellie Kreiger's cookbook. I think it is around 235 calories and has tons of good stuff in it!

Have a great weekend y'all!

No comments: